Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Contact: Lynn Cain Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chairman
that Councillor Mike Smith be appointed Chairman for the duration of the meeting.
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary or Personal Interests and Non Disclosable Pecuniary/Other Interests
Councillor Christine Quinn-Wilcox declared a Non Disclosable Pecuniary/Other Interests regarding her current position as District Ward Councillor for Selston.
The Chairman introduced himself and asked the Committee Members, officers and those parties present to introduce themselves.
In attendance were Mark Wilson, representative for Selston Football Club and Donald Basdell for Selston Town Cricket Club.
The Council’s Licensing Team Leader outlined the application. He asked all present at the meeting to note that the table entry regarding Late Night Refreshment (both indoors and outdoors), as outlined on page 7 of the agenda, should read 23:00 hours and not 0:00 as stated.
The Chairman then invited Mark Wilson and Donald Basdell, the representatives on behalf of the Applicant, to put forward their case to the Sub Committee.
Following this and in accordance with adopted procedure, the Sub Committee Members and the Legal Officer were offered the opportunity to ask questions of the representatives for the Applicant for the purposes of lucidity and further explanation.
Due to the fact that no Interested Parties were in attendance at the meeting, the Legal Officer outlined the nature of the representation as received and questions were invited accordingly.
Finally, the Chairman invited the representatives for the Applicant to sum up their case.
The Chairman and Members of the Sub Committee then withdrew from the hearing in order to deliberate upon the application and representations made in respect of it.
The hearing was adjourned at 10.32 a.m.
The Chairman and the Sub Committee Members subsequently returned to the room and the hearing was reconvened at 10.55 p.m.
The Legal Officer delivered the Sub Committee’s findings, the decision and reasons as follows:-
The Sub Committee had taken into account the evidence put before it at the hearing and also took into account the contents of the application and written representations.
Findings of the Sub Committee:
1. No representations were received from any Relevant Authority;
2. No representations were received from Nottinghamshire Police specifically in connection with anti-social behaviour or crime & disorder in the area;
3. The objection received was speculative and there was no evidence of anti-social behaviour or crime & disorder connected to this Premises;
4. There was no evidence to suggest that the Licensing Objectives would be undermined;
5. The Premises had been operating 7-8 functions per year for 10 years with no complaints received.
1. As to 1 and 2, the conditions proposed by Nottinghamshire Police and offered by the Applicant were appropriate for to the promotion of the Licensing Objectives;
2. As to 3, in the absence of the objectors, the Sub-Committee felt that the addition of a condition about signage should alleviate these concerns;
3. As to 4 and 5, the Applicant had evidenced and was willing to continue to work with the responsible authorities etc. to address any concerns relating to the promotion of the Licensing Objectives.
4. Licensing law is not the primary mechanism for the general control of Anti Social Behaviour but rather a part of a holistic approach to the management of the District.
5. There are other mechanisms available and in place for controlling problems of crime ... view the full minutes text for item 5.