Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Contact: Lynn Cain Email: email@example.com
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary or Personal Interests and/or Non-Registrable Interests
No declarations of interest were made.
that the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 6 December 2023, be received and approved as a correct record.
1. V/2022/0888, Mr B McCulloch, Outline Application With Some Matters Reserved for a Dwelling, Land off Munks Avenue, Hucknall
Cllr. Nicholas Parvin, as the Ward Member, took the opportunity to address the Committee in respect of this matter.
It was moved by Councillor Rachel Madden and seconded by Councillor Helen-Ann Smith that the officer’s recommendation contained within the report be rejected and planning consent be refused.
Reasons for rejecting officers’ recommendation:
The proposed development by reason of its siting and scale would have a detrimental impact on the amenities of neighbouring properties and be out of character with the area in general. It is considered that the proposed dwelling does not meet the space between buildings standards in the Council's Supplementary Planning Documents and is therefore contrary to Policy HG5 and ST1 of the Ashfield Local Plan Review 2002 and chapter 12 of the National Planning Policy Framework.
For the motion:
Councillors Jamie Bell, Jodine Cronshaw, Samantha Deakin, Vicki Heslop,
Rachel Madden, Sarah Madigan, Andy Meakin, John Smallridge and
Against the motion:
2. V/2023/0578, Mr T Ubhi, Change of Use from C3 Dwelling to C2 Residential Institution, 35 Lovesey Avenue, Hucknall
Nick Clements, on behalf of the Applicant, took the opportunity to address the Committee in respect of this matter. As per the agreed process, Members were then offered the opportunity to clarify any points raised during the submissions as required.
It was moved and seconded that the application be refused as per officer’s recommendation.
The meeting adjourned at 10.50am and reconvened at 10.57am. During the adjournment, Councillor Samantha Deakin left the meeting due to feeling unwell.
3. V/2023/0355, Mr R Purewall, Four Semi-Detached Houses, 102 Cordy Lane Brinsley
Richard Purewal, as the Applicant, took the opportunity to address the Committee in respect of this matter. As per the agreed process, Members were then offered the opportunity to clarify any points raised during the submissions as required.
It was moved by Councillor Rachel Madden and seconded by Councillor Helen-Ann Smith that the officer’s recommendation contained within the report be rejected and conditional planning consent be granted in accordance with the following conditions:
1. The development hereby approved shall be begun before the expiration of 3 years from the date of this permission.
2. This permission shall be read in accordance with the following plans: Site Location Plan, Drawing No.05 Rev.D, Received 20/10/2023. Proposed Layout Plan, Drawing No.02 Rev.J, Received 20/10/2023. Proposed Elevations and Floor Plans, Drawing No.03 Rev.D, Received 30/06/2023. The development shall thereafter be undertaken in accordance with these plans unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
3. No development past slab level shall take place until samples of the materials and finishes to be used for the external elevations and roof of the proposal have been submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Thereafter the development shall be carried out with those materials.
4. Prior to the occupation of the hereby approved ... view the full minutes text for item P.25
Members were asked to note the recent Planning Appeal decision as outlined in the report.
that the report be received and noted.
Members received a summary of the key planning changes to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) which came into effect in December 2023.
that the report be received and noted.