Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Contact: Lynn Cain Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chairman
that Councillor Jason Zadrozny be appointed as Chairman for the duration of the meeting.
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary or Personal Interests and/or Non-Registrable Interests
1. Councillor Arnie Hankin declared a Non-Registrable Interest in relation to Application V/2022/0066, Peveril Homes Limited, Construction of 81 Dwellings and Associated Highways, Drainage and Landscaping Infrastructure, Land off Main Road, Jacksdale. His interest arose from the fact that he was known to the landowner and had spoken to many interested parties in respect of the application. He advised the Chairman that he would be leaving the room whilst the application was considered.
2. Councillor Tom Hollis declared a Non-Registrable Interest in relation to Application V/2022/0601, Mr. Lee Evans, Proposed development of 9 New Dwellings at Land adjacent to Trevelyan, Blackwell Road, Huthwaite. His interest arose from the fact that he had spoken to many interested parties in respect of the application and had expressed his views on the matter. He advised the Chairman that he would be leaving the room whilst the application was considered.
3. Councillor Jason Zadrozny declared Non-Registrable Interests in relation to the following applications:
· V/2022/0601, Mr. Lee Evans, Proposed development of 9 New Dwellings at Land adjacent to Trevelyan, Blackwell Road, Huthwaite.
· V/2022/0066, Peveril Homes Limited, Construction of 81 Dwellings and Associated Highways, Drainage and Landscaping Infrastructure, Land off Main Road, Jacksdale.
His interests had arose from speaking with agents and applicants in respect of the above applications, but in doing so he had not expressed any opinions on the matters at any point.
that the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 12 September 2023, be received and approved as a correct record.
1. V/2023/0304, Ashfield District Council, Application for Consent to Display an Advertisement - 11 x Community Notice Boards located at: 1. Priestsic Road junction, Asda Link Road, Sutton, 2. Hack Lane junction, Church Street, Sutton, 3. Lawn Lane, Sutton Lawns, 4. Mill Waters, Sutton, 5. Sherwood Street junction, Lowmoor Rd, Kirkby, 6. Council Offices, Urban Rd, Kirkby, 7. Kingsway Park, Kirkby, 8. Spring Street, Hucknall, 9. Nabbs Lane, Hucknall, 10. Titchfield Park, Hucknall, 11. Hucknall Leisure Centre, Ashfield District Council, Urban Road, Kirkby in Ashfield
It was moved and seconded that conditional consent be granted as per officer’s recommendation.
2. V/2022/0601, Mr Lee Evans, Proposed development of 9 New Dwellings at Land adjacent to Trevelyan, Blackwell Road, Huthwaite
(In accordance with the Council’s Constitution and the Members’ Code of Conduct, Councillors Tom Hollis and Jason Zadrozny had previously declared interests in respect of this application. Their interests were such that Councillor Hollis left the meeting once he had addressed Members in respect of calling in the application, and Councillor Zadrozny stayed in the meeting and took part in the discussion and voting thereon.)
In accordance with the Council’s Policy for dealing with late matters in relation to planning applications, (Minute No. D4.17, 1993/94 refers), officers proceeded to give a verbal report as to additional comments received in relation to the application as follows:-
Since publication of the Council’s committee report, five further representations from local residents had been received. These representations raise no new matters.
Correspondence had also been received from the applicant’s planning agent, requesting revisions to the wording of three of the proposed conditions. It is therefore recommended that the following revisions are made and an informative added to avoid impact on nesting b:
Condition 9 – Pedestrian Footway
After “entire site frontage” insert “with the exception of the approved site access”.
Condition 12 – Wildlife and Excavations
Before “all excavations” insert “during the construction phase of the development”.
Condition 15 – Ecology
Delete reference to the January 2022 Ecological Impact Assessment because it is covered in the Ecology Update and Biodiversity Plan (July 2023).
The Planning Officer also advised Committee that he had been handed some letters of objections just prior to commencement of the meeting, but they were too late to be assessed and would not be taken into account as part of the application’s consideration.
Sharon Lawley, as an Objector, and Charlotte Stainton, on behalf of the Applicant, took the opportunity to address the Committee in respect of this matter. As per the agreed process, Members were then offered the opportunity to clarify any points raised during the submissions as required.
It was moved by Councillor Samantha Deakin and seconded by Councillor Helen-Ann Smith that the officer’s recommendation contained within the report be rejected and planning consent be refused.
Reasons for rejecting officers’ recommendation:
The proposal would fail to optimise the potential for the site by virtue of the piecemeal approach to development, despite wider land availability, which is contrary to the aims ... view the full minutes text for item P.16
Members were asked to note the recent Planning Appeal decisions as outlined in the report.
that the report be received and noted.