Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Contact: Lynn Cain Email: email@example.com
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary or Personal Interests and Non Disclosable Pecuniary/Other Interests
No declarations of interest were made.
The Chairman introduced himself and asked the Committee Members, Officers and those parties present to introduce themselves.
In attendance were Mr. Gary Thrall and Mrs. Deanna Thrall (Applicants) and Interested Parties Mr. Tim Barton, Mr. D. Toon and Mrs. D. Toon.
The Chairman explained the procedure to be adopted throughout the duration of the hearing.
The Licensing Team Leader then proceeded to outline the application for a Premises Licence.
The Chairman then invited the Applicants, Mrs. Deanna Thrall and Mr. Gary Thrall to put forward their case to the Sub Committee. Following this and in accordance with adopted procedure, the Interested Parties, the Sub Committee Members and the Legal Officer were offered the opportunity to ask questions of the Applicants for the purposes of lucidity and further explanation.
The Interested Parties, represented by Mr. D. Toon, were then invited to put forward to the Sub Committee the nature of their representations and concerns regarding the application for a new Premises Licence. Following this and in accordance with adopted procedure the Applicants, the Sub Committee Members and the Legal Officer were offered the opportunity to ask questions of the Interested Parties for the purposes of lucidity and further explanation.
Finally, the Chairman invited the Applicants and the representative for the Interested Parties to sum up their respective cases.
The Chairman and Members of the Sub Committee then withdrew from the hearing in order to deliberate upon the application and representations made in respect of it.
The hearing was adjourned at 10.31 a.m.
The Chairman and the Sub Committee Members subsequently returned to the room and the hearing was reconvened at 10.49 a.m.
The Legal Officer delivered the Sub Committee’s findings, the decision and the reasons as follows:-
The Sub Committee had taken into account the evidence put before it at the hearing and also taken into account the contents of the application and written representations.
Findings of the Sub Committee
1. No representations were received from any Relevant Authority;
2. No representations were received from Nottinghamshire Police specifically in connection with anti-social behaviour or crime & disorder in the area the premises will be located;
3. No evidence was presented of anti-social behaviour or crime & disorder connected to this Premises and there was sufficient evidence to demonstrate the licensing objectives would be upheld.
4. The Interested Parties raised concerns as to noise issues they had experienced under the current operation at the premises but the Sub Committee felt that the impositions of conditions could address/alleviate such concerns.
5. The representations and concerns raised by Interested Parties were acknowledged by the Sub-Committee and the proposals from the Applicant should alleviate the residents’ concerns.
that the decision of the Licensing Sub-Committee (in exercise of its powers delegated by Ashfield District Council as Licensing Authority) was to grant the application for a premises licence subject to the following conditions:
A. The mandatory conditions applicable under the Licensing Act 2003; and
B. The following conditions as attached by the Licensing Sub-Committee as a result ... view the full minutes text for item 5.