Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield. View directions
Contact: Julie Robinson Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chairman
that Councillor Rachel Madden be appointed Chairman for the duration of the meeting.
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary or Personal Interests and Non Disclosable Pecuniary/Other Interests
There were no declarations of interest.
The Chairman introduced herself and asked the Committee Members, Officers and those parties present to introduce themselves.
In attendance were Mr. D. Fewster (Applicant) and Interested Party Mrs. A. Stevenson.
The Chairman explained the procedure to be adopted throughout the duration of the hearing.
The Licensing Team Leader then proceeded to outline the application for a Premises Licence.
The Chairman then invited the Applicant, Mr. Fewster to put forward his case to the Sub Committee. Following this and in accordance with adopted procedure, the Interested Party, the Sub Committee Members and the Legal Officer were offered the opportunity to ask questions of the Applicant for the purposes of lucidity and further explanation.
At this point in the proceedings all those present at the meeting were asked to note that the table entry regarding live music standard days and timings, as outlined on page 19 of the agenda, should read Friday Finish 23:30 and not 23:030 as printed.
The Interested Party, Mrs. A. Stevenson was then invited to put forward to the Sub Committee the nature of her representations and concerns regarding the application for a new Premises Licence. Following this and in accordance with adopted procedure the Applicant, the Sub Committee Members and the Legal Officer were offered the opportunity to ask questions of the Interested Party for the purposes of lucidity and further explanation.
Finally, the Chairman invited the Applicant and Interested Party to sum up their respective cases.
The Chairman and Members of the Sub Committee then withdrew from the hearing in order to deliberate upon the application and representations made in respect of it.
The hearing was adjourned at 10.40 a.m.
The Chairman and the Sub Committee Members subsequently returned to the room and the hearing was reconvened at 11.00 a.m.
The Legal Officer delivered the Sub Committee’s findings, the decision and the reasons as follows:-
The Sub Committee had taken into account the evidence put before it at the hearing and also taken into account the contents of the application and written representations.
Findings of the Sub Committee
1. No representations were received from any Relevant Authority;
2. No representations were received from Nottinghamshire Police specifically in connection with anti-social behaviour or crime & disorder in the area the premises will be located;
3. No evidence was presented of anti-social behaviour or crime & disorder connected to this Premises and there was sufficient evidence to demonstrate the licensing objectives would be upheld.
4. The Interested Parties representations raised concerns about problems that may have been connected to other premises in the locality and there was no evidence attributable to these premises.
5. The representations and concerns raised by Interested Parties were acknowledged by the Sub-Committee and the proposals from the Applicant should alleviate the residents’ concerns.
that the decision of the Licensing Sub-Committee (in exercise of its powers delegated by Ashfield District Council as Licensing Authority) was to grant the application for a premises licence subject to the following conditions:
A. The mandatory conditions, the conditions offered ... view the full minutes text for item 3.