Venue: Council Chamber, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Contact: Lynn Cain Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary or Personal Interests and/or Non-Registrable Interests
Councillor Rachel Madden declared a Non-Registrable Interest in relation to application V/2022/0584, Mrs K Ashcroft and S and L Barwick, Outline Application with Some Matters Reserved For Construction of 2 Dwellings, To Be Occupied By Travelling Showperson Families, Land at Spring Meadow, Park Lane, Kirkby in Ashfield. Her interest arose from the fact that she had previously met with the Applicant but in doing so had not expressed any opinions on the application at any point.
that the minutes of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on 23 September 2022, be received and approved as a correct record.
1. V/2022/0573, Mr E Hall, Conversion of Existing Public House and First Floor Flat in to 9 No. Flats and External Alterations, 2 The Yew Tree, Nottingham Road, Hucknall
Edward Hall, the Applicant, took the opportunity to address the Committee in respect of this matter. As per the agreed process, Members were then offered the opportunity to clarify any points raised during the submissions as required.
A speech from Councillor Lee Waters, who called-in the application but was
not in attendance at the meeting, was also read out to Members for
It was moved and seconded that conditional consent be granted in principle, as per officer’s recommendation, with delegated authority being given to the Assistant Director, Planning and Regulatory Services, in consultation with the Planning Committee Chairman, Vice Chairman and Councillor Lee Waters (who called in the application), to confirm the consent once agreement has been reached with the Developer in respect of the following:
1. the inclusion of at least one parking space on site;
2. the installation of 1 x EV charging point at location of parking space(s);
3. for officers to liaise with Nottinghamshire County Council regarding options for preventing illegal parking on the pavement outside the property and for the Developer to contribute towards payment for any mitigation measures that may be subsequently introduced;
4. to ensure letter boxes for all new properties are located externally within the curtilage of the site.
2. V/2022/0584, Mrs K Ashcroft and S and L Barwick, Outline Application with Some Matters Reserved for Construction of 2 Dwellings, To Be Occupied By Travelling Showperson Families, Land at Spring Meadow, Park Lane, Kirkby in Ashfield
(In accordance with the Council’s Constitution and the Members’ Code of Conduct, Councillor Rachel Madden had previously declared a Non-Registrable interest in respect of this application. Her interest was such that she stayed in the meeting and took part in the discussion and voting thereon.)
Paul Stone, on behalf of the Applicant, took the opportunity to address the Committee in respect of this matter. As per the agreed process, Members were then offered the opportunity to clarify any points raised during the submissions as required.
It was moved by Councillor Rachel Madden and seconded by Councillor Arnie Hankin that the officer’s recommendation contained within the report be rejected and planning consent be granted subject to the following conditions:
(d) Landscaping. ... view the full minutes text for item P.20
Members were advised of an objection received in response to the making of a Tree Preservation Order at Cauldwell House, Cauldwell Road, Mansfield and notwithstanding the objection, were asked to confirm approval. Since placement of the TPO, a further review had been carried out and it was considered that due to the decline of the Larch Tree’s physiological condition, it should be removed from the Order leaving the following:
Woodland Order and x2 Individual Trees (x1 Sweet Chestnut, x1 Oak).
that having considered and notwithstanding the objection, the Council proceeds to confirm the Tree Preservation Order, subject to the modification on the terms outlined in the report.
Members were asked to note the recent Planning Appeal decisions as outlined in the report.
that the report be received and noted.